Serving Up a Great End to the Season

Alison Miller, Staff Writer

After three amazing months of regular season play, the girls volleyball team made their way to the playoffs, playing Deer Valley in the first round. They gave it their all, but in the end fell short by just three points in the fifth set. The seniors played an amazing last game of their career, and should be proud of the way they played their hearts out all night. 

The girls, with the help of a huge T-Squad and big energy, defeated the Skyhawks in the first and second sets with ease. “It’s always so much fun playing when there’s a huge student section there supporting us and cheering for us. It makes playing seem so much more lighthearted, but their intensity when bad calls are made, or when some gets an insane dig or kill always keeps me in tune with the level of intensity I should have,” states sophomore defensive specialist, Ella Wolff. But the opponents still had some fight left, and took the match to a thrilling fifth set. Both teams were tired, with close scores in both the third and fourth sets. But they played some great volleyball, and gave it their all. Some bad calls from referees influenced some momentum on the other side of the net, but that didn’t stop them from keeping their mind on the court and playing the game they love. 

The student section had amazing energy all night, and they created such an amazing, competitive atmosphere that felt electric to be in the presence of. The buzzing energy made every point feel like it was moving in slow motion, making it even more fun to watch. When either Emma Reardon, Abby Reardon, or Moriah Mills went up for a big swing, the gym went silent in anticipation, then quickly erupted with celebration as the point was awarded to the Titans almost every time. “The three seniors were the beating heart of our team, and I just want to thank them for all they did this season, and for the years I’ve played with them. It’s been such a pleasure getting to know them and learn from them. Their presence on the court will definitely be missed, but we’ll just have to work really hard in the off season, and grow as a unit to come back stronger next year,” remarked junior setter, Piper Ream. 

Congratulations to the girls for having such an amazing season, with an overall record, including tournaments, of 25-6. Come back just as strong, if not stronger, next year!