Black Friday

Black+Friday

Jada Moore, Editor

Black Friday is an excellent opportunity to get your Christmas shopping done at an affordable price.

Black Friday 2021 went down as one of the best ones yet. One of the most talked-about sales this year was Lululemon. In the past few years, Lulu has not participated in the Black Friday sales, so when they announced that they were this year, people went crazy. The location at Scottsdale Fashion Square announced that the first 50 people in line would get a free gift. That resulted in a line around the store by 4:30 am. As for their sales, there were racks and racks of marked-down clothes including $69 leggings, $39 bras, $49 shorts and so much more. Caden Lockwood, a student at Sunnyslope Highschool stated, “ After hearing about Lulu’s deals, I knew I had to be there. I was one of the first 50 people in line, so I received a skincare package as a gift! Along with the gift I left with a bag full of leggings, bras, and shirts.” 

The second most popular store this Black Friday was Pacsun. Every year in the past Pacsun has had their buy one get one 50% off deal,  but this year was different. This year all denim was buy one, get one free! Because of that amazing deal, there was a line around the store all day at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Olivia Bendnarek, a student at Sunnyslope Highschool, said, “I waited in the PacSun line for over 45 minutes because the sale was that good! They offered a variety of denim jeans that were all buy one, get one free.” 

On the other hand, stores such as Target and Walmart had a little bit of a different outcome. In the past years, people would line up at Target and Walmart hours before they opened to get all of the amazing deals. People would even go as far as fighting and even killing over said deals. However, this year that did not happen. CNN states, “Traffic at retail stores on Black Friday dropped 28.3% compared with 2019 levels, as Americans shifted more of their spending online and kicked off their shopping earlier in the year, according to preliminary data from Sensormatic Solutions.” 

Overall, Black Friday is an amazing opportunity to get amazing gifts at an affordable price!