Lady Titans Basketball

Taylor Jones, Editor

The Lady Titans have just started their basketball season for the 21’-22’ school year. The girls have been practicing Monday through Friday after school, and Saturday mornings at 10:30am. The Lady’s practice has been paying off according to recent games.

There are 10 girls on the varsity team this year including 7 seniors. Many of the players have been on the team since freshman year, including the team captains Ghena Albadri and Paris Rubell. The girls practices go from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm in the practice gym. The games usually start around 7:00 to 7:3 pm, and they range from two to three a week. The lady Titans started their season with a few scrimmages in order to prepare for the season. As well as scrimmages the varsity girls were allowed to attend the “Her Time To Play” WNBA clinic. The girls were allowed to practice and learn with the Phoenix Mercury team.

As the season progressed, the girls beat Washington High School 58-20 and proved their skills as a team.. According to senior Paris Rubell, “Us lady Titans have been playing a great season! We have been practicing and playing hard as a team. We believe having a great bond as a team allows us to play to our full potential.” 

The Lady Titans season is coming to an end with a record of 11-11. Congratulations to the senior girls final games as high school students with some of them leaving the ball in the court.