Pam & Tommy: Hulu’s New Hit

Taylor Jones, Editor

Hulu’s new hit show, Pam & Tommy has just been released. The show goes into the background of the famous actress, Pamela Anderson, and upcoming musician, Tommy Lee. The show shows the start of the relationship, and the problems that occurred throughout their marriage. 

While many are enjoying the show, others are not happy with how it was produced. Pamela Anderson is not making any money from the show, and didn’t consent herself for the plot being shown. Many are saying that the trauma brought on screen is not entertainment, “But there’s one detail that, for me, turns this whole palate sour: the real Pamela Anderson did not want this story retold. While Stan has confirmed that he spoke with Lee, who has praised his portrayal, Anderson did not respond to producers’ overtures. She has not spoken publicly about the series, but sources have expressed her discontent and disappointment in multiple outlets.”

While the actors are doing a phenomenal job at portraying the couple, fans are not impressed by the directors choices to continue producing a show that was not approved by Anderson herself. According to Entertainment Tonight, “Pamela has no regrets about her life,” the source said, “but the only thing she would probably erase is this burglary. She feels so violated to this day. It brings back a very painful time for her.” Anderson has said time and time again the darkness it brings back in her life. The story being told in front of thousands again on a television screen is not ideal. The estranged couple did not have a healthy marriage. 

After three years of marriage, Anderson filed for divorce from Lee on February 28, 1995, days after he was charged with spousal and child abuse. According to an anonymous student, “Their relationship is being used to make millions over a tv show. It’s not something to romanticize after the constant abuse Anderson suffered. Especially since she never agreed to the terms of the show, and neither her or Tommy  are getting profit off of the series.”

While the show portrays the negatives of their relationship, the abuse and trauma coming from the screen is not something that should be publicized. The relationship caused lots of controversy, and now after years the relationship is coming to the surface again.