How to Prepare For Finals

How to Prepare For Finals

Rosa Shvartsman, Staff Writer

“Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you,” said Mark Selo, an American author, and journalist. Throughout finals week many students endure many levels of pressure when it comes to finalizing their hard-worked grades. Studies show that finals and midterms account for 31% of stress upon students in the United States. Furthermore, this ultimately leads many students to deal with academic stress and then develop depression or anxiety leaving their performance to negatively influence academic progress and encourage under-achievements. Subsequently, some tips to help stay motivated and prepare for finals are to ask for help from peers and teachers, find a study buddy, stick to a schedule, and learn relaxation techniques to calm nerves. All in all, even as finals week is stressful there are many ways to relax and prepare for success. 

First, when going into finals week it is important to have a strong foundation of your class and the knowledge which is going to be tested. Ways to then help formulate a study plan is to seek help from teachers. The importance of talking to your teacher comes from the need of understanding the subject, as well as, asking questions and tips for success. Then, finding a study buddy allows many an opportunity to share knowledge, giving each other insight on studying techniques, and making studying a more enjoyable experience. A study buddy then can help push one another to achieve your goals and help moral support. Following a schedule will not only help you learn what’s best for you but also ease stress levels to ensure preparedness for the exam. Lastly, learning relaxation techniques not only benefits testing stress but also helps confidence throughout the exam. In summary, the best way to prepare for the finals is to stick to a steady schedule and find someone to study with to motivate one another and finalize understanding of the subject with teachers to find tips and techniques to relax during exams. 

In conclusion, even as finals are a stressful time for students, being prepared can resolve all testing anxiety.