“Unlocking” the Stage For Recital

Kira Milne, Editor

UNLOCKED, finally after two years the missing piece of performing arts is returning to the stage. The THS dance program run by Mrs. Condor is holding their annual dance recital, titled “Unlocked” on April 7, 8 and 9th.

With the chaotic years online the dance program along with others have not been able to work towards the end goal of their classes, performing. In 2019, the spring assembly and recital were canceled due to COVID and it was devastating to the dancers who worked hard on the show to make their performance the best that it could be. The performing arts adapted and made the last two shows virtual with the dancers learning their routines online and recording themselves at home for the videos to be compiled to to make a show. 

Keslee Hofer who was a freshman in the beginning dance class at the last show is now a senior in the Advanced Company class. She shared her excitement saying “ It’s going to be nerve wrecking being back on stage with so many routines, but I cannot wait for everyone to see what we have been working so hard on this year.”

With no shows this year has been tough as the money from the recital tickets helps keep the program running smoothly. So with this tough year as the first year back fully in person after years without fundraisers so they had a few more than the years past. “This year we had a couple Barros and Chipotle fundraisers along with the candy selling so we could get new costumes and have a tech crew,” explained Taylor Wittenwyler.

Overall. the recital was a huge success and was nearly sold out all three nights. This year they used the GoFans app to sell tickets and the seats were selling fast even a week before the recital dates and there those buying tickets could pick specific seats so the entry and seating was less hectic. Everyone in the show performed and entertained the audience with their amazing routines that they worked hard on all year long.