What I Learned Throughout High School

Taylor Jones, Editor

While going into freshman year I thought I would be prepared to the extreme due to my lists and supplies, however, that was not the case. Each year of high school threw something completely different my way. I thought that being prepared meant having all supplies, books, and assignments on hand. Don’t get me wrong school work was very important to me, but it wasn’t the only thing that made my high school career memorable. 

Freshman year was tough, the school work was easy but the social aspect took a bit to get used to. Middle school to freshman year gave me what felt like an unlimited amount of freedom. There were so many people, and we were counted as the underdogs. I joined the cheer team freshman year as a way to socialize. I went to the camp and met new friends that I continue to be close to today. Although cheer ended up not being for me, I wouldn’t trade any of the experiences. I learned all the aspects of a team, and it showed me how to truly learn to trust people. 

Trust and communication truly are what I learned most while attending high school. I know it’s cheesy to say, but communication is key to building a foundation for relationships with friends and teachers. I wish I wasn’t so embarrassed to go up and ask questions when I truly needed help. I did end up with good grades, but I feel like that extra boost of confidence would’ve sent me a long way in my studies. I can’t wait to go and experience a new part of my life, but high school allowed me to grow into an independent person. I’ve learned a lot about myself, and I don’t think I would’ve been able to without my high school experience. Goodbye, from the class of 2022!