Crumbl Cookies Craze

Ellie Bonnette, Assistant Editor in Chief

I’m sure we have all seen the soft, tasty and decadent Crumbl cookies all over Tiktok. With an iconic pink box to fit new flavors every week, it is easy to see why more and more people return to their local Crumbl. However, some think that Crumbl is too pricey, and simply not worth the hype. 

What started off as a side hustle for two cousins became the fastest-growing cookie company in America. The cousins, Sawyer Hemsley and Jason McGowan, set out to create the perfect chocolate chip cookie. To do this, they had random strangers try two types of cookies to see which they liked the best. Once they perfected their recipe, the cousins opened their first store in Logan, Utah in 2017. A year later, they decided to rotate four new flavors weekly, while keeping their chocolate chip and chilled sugar cookie annually. Crumbl Cookies was able to take off and launch over 220 stores in over 30 states in just three years. When asked about their mission, CEO Jason McGowan states, “Crumbl’s mission has been to bring family and friends together over a box of the best cookies.”

Crumbl cookies are sold in an iconic pink box fitting one cookie ($4), four cookies ($13), or a dozen ($33). Since Crumbl is known to be a tech-savvy store, you have the option to order your cookies online via the app, via a phone order, or in-store via an IPad-like kiosk. This franchise also has a rewards program where you earn Crumbl Cash. Not only do they sell delicious cookies, but they also sell ice-cream with a variety of flavors! They are open Monday through Saturday, from 8 AM – 10 PM.

Crumbl certainly has die-heart fans that eagerly return every week to try the new flavors. With their warm, soft, and gooey feel, these cookies can surely become addictive. Senior Judith Velasco explains, “I love Crumbl because they are tasty and soft.” 

While Crumbl does have its fans, there are a few who firmly believe that Crumbl is not worth the price nor hype. When asked about Crumbl, an anonymous student states, “Crumbl is way overpriced and honestly, they all taste the same.” 

In conclusion, it is worth a shot to try Crumbl cookies at least once in your lifetime. This company’s success story reminds us all to persevere and chase after our dreams, just like Sawyer and Jason did.