First Football Win For ‘Titans’

Taylor Jones and Kira Milne, Editors

As Thunderbird football is gearing up for their first game of the season, the Thunderbird Football Instagram account has been providing  pictures and some wise words for their season. They have posted a picture with the caption, “Our titans were feeling good getting back in their helmets”. The team worked hard all summer and according to sophomore Jae Gates, “ We are going all the way this year”.  

The starting quarterback this year for the Titans will be Junior Carter Squires, and the backup quarter back is Sophomore Dillion Wittbrodt who continues to developing his skills as quarterback to one day take that starting spot. Finally back on the field, Thunderbird football kicked off their season on Friday 9/3.

The Titans showed up and showed out at their first game back this season at the home game against the Mingus Marauders. The game concluded with a winning score of 48- 25, making the current record 1-0 this season. Our student section, T-squad was incredible showing their school spirit and support with the orange out theme. As new talent comes and players continue improving,  the state championship chances  look better every year. The team has been preparing for the season in great measure. They all practice everyday after school until 7 and work out in the weight room during their 7th hour if they have a free period  in addition to the summer camp.

The Titan football team continues their improvement under head coach Nalette. The team will return to play this week  by hitting the road to the Greenway high school to face our county rivals, the ‘Demons’. Come show your support at the next home game on September 24th!