Previewing Thunderbird Badminton

Christopher Moore, Staff Writer

As Thunderbird Badminton kicked off their season, they beat their Region rivals Washington High School. Our Badminton team pulled off a 5-4 win. They played the first match at home on August 23rd, 2022 and made sure they started off the season right. As sophomore Aspen Graham stated that she has been practicing so hard and was prepared for the competition she was going to have to face. Graham is a senior transfer from Northwest Christian and dominated her first matches with a 21-10 win and then a 21-14 win. They still have a long season ahead of them with a 14 match schedule with 6 home games and 8 away games. Furthermore Michaella Lee, Aiva Boykin,Abigail Montesinos, and Kaily Ayala all won their single fights for the season opener. As the Titan Badminton team plays again on August 25th, 2022 against Youngker Highschool at their place it should be an action packed game full of Thunderbird Titan talent. Furthermore, they have played four of their 14 games and have played strong and hard but struggle to win. They start off as a record of 1-3 with those losses being to Yonker Roughriders, Cactus Cobras, and Sunrise Mountain Mustangs. A rough start to the season will not stop their hopes of making it to the playoffs.