Mark Your Calendar: Concerts Coming to Arizona

Getty Images

Artists coming to Arizona tend to create an uproar of emotions from fans. Since summer came to an end, malls became monotonous and people became bored. On Sept. 5, rappers Drake and 21 Savage came to Glendale, Arizona and performed in the Desert Diamond Arena. This collaborative concert was widely enjoyed by those who attended. Drake’s concert is still talked about weeks after he came to Arizona. Mali Alvarez, student at Thunderbird High School, says, “I love Drake and I wish I could’ve gone to his concert.” Those who attended are considered lucky and those who could not attend wish they did.

As ticketmaster.com states, “Oct. 29, SZA is coming to Phoenix, Arizona and is performing at the Footprint Center. Sept. 9, rapper Lil Uzi Vert is performing at Phoenix Raceway. Sept. 23, rapper Playboi Carti is performing at Desert Diamond Arena.” Artists are becoming more aware of Arizona’s popularity because of the energy the citizens have. 

As Arizona’s population increases, more artists are performing there. Music is enjoyed by all ages so concerts tend to bring people together. Mrs. Forrest, history teacher at Thunderbird High School, says on this matter “I have loved Drake since highschool, so I was really excited to hear all of his old music at his concert. My students got mad at me when I told them this: ‘When 21 Savage came onto the stage, I didn’t know who he was.’ We listened to him and thought he was awful, so after he went on, we left.” Music is subjective and allows creativity to thrive, however, this also means that differing opinions flourish. Because music is so ambiguous, every opinion is valid. Lil Yachty is coming to the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona on Oct. 15. The rise of famous and influential YouTuber, Baylen Levine, occasionally makes an appearance with the rapper Lil Yachty. Because he is friends with Baylen Levine, Lil Yachty’s career resulted in a boom in popularity. You can browse ticketmaster.com to check upcoming concerts.