The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Love For Lucas Awareness and What Thunderbird Sports are Doing to Help

“Love For Lucas” And Thunderbird Athletics Doing Fundraisers And Bringing Awareness Senior Lucas Colwell was tragically diagnosed with a brain tumor the day before the start of school, and Stugo, Cheer, and Football are all holding events and selling items to raise money for Lucas. With Lucas undergoing chemo for a year, the fundraisers and money will support the cost of his treatment.

With the student council wanting to help Lucas, they made bracelets to sell. Student body Vice President Alison Miller stated: “We are now selling bracelets one for two dollars for Lucas to bring awareness to his cause and raise money for him. As a Stugo group, we are trying to make his senior year the best possible” Alison wants to inform everyone and make sure people know they can support Lucas by spending two dollars for a bracelet. 

The Titan Cheer Squad and Football team are also planning to bring awareness to Lucas by wearing yellow shoelaces for Pediatric Cancer. This is to not only bring awareness to Lucas but also to other kids battling cancer. With Lucas missing out on his senior year, as a sports group and school we are all trying to make Lucas feel cared for and seen by many to help him win his battle.            

View Comments (1)