The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Varsity Badminton Dominates the 2023 Season

Thunderbird Titan Badminton has an astonishing 7-0 record right now. This team looks strong and unstoppable. Varsity four player Riley said, “As a team, we played amazing and beat Moon Valley’s butt. From everyone winning their doubles and singles matches, we made Coach Pavlik proud.” Individually Riley Kelly killed her matches against the Rockets as she won her singles matches 21-13 and 21-5. 

Furthermore, Coach Pavliks’ team out-performed all of their competition, their season looking strong, and the team chemistry is at an all-time high. Coach had this to say when asked about her team: “Our season is looking fantastic and our girls are playing their hearts out to show the competition they’re no joke. We hope our fellow Titans come to support.” With such an outstanding team, Coach Pavlik wants to hear some cheering for her girls.

With an undefeated record, many expect the team to be cocky and think no one can beat them, but varsity player Lily Rakich countered that sentiment: “Being undefeated feels nice but we can’t be on the high horse. We will remain humble and continue to strive for greatness.” Lily understands that a mix of confidence and humility will get them where they want and will be. Our Titan badminton team is looking strong and plans to keep up their hard work for the rest of the season.