The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Thunderbird Badminton take on State

With the badminton season coming to a close, they blew away everyone’s expectations and put on a class act all season. With their regular season ending this is what Mrs. Pav had to say before the playoffs. “We ranked third in the state!” I couldn’t be more proud of my girls and the commitment they made this season.” The excitement from Mrs. Pav is unmatched and all players love to have that energy coming from their coach.

With the state tournament being over, this is what Mrs.Pav also stated about her ladies’ performance and participation. “Abby Montesinos was seeded #2 for the individual state badminton tournament. And both Abby and the doubles team made it to the quarter-finals. And for [the] team state [tournament], THS ranked #4 in round one, and we beat Verrado High School 5-1 to move on to the second round for the first time in Thunderbird history! But unfortunately, we came up short against AZ College Prep.” Mrs. Pavlik also added that this badminton team was filled with a lot of talent and went out and played their hearts out to prove people wrong. 

In addition, this strong Thunderbird Badminton team was playing at the highest level, the state tournament, and as a school we could not be more proud of these athletes and coach Pav.