The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Girls Basketball Starting The eason Off With Success

With winter sports starting up, Thunderbird’s girl’s basketball team has started the season off strong. A 4-3 regular season record to start the season and senior Grace Hall and sophomore Linda Ruelas stood out on defense and the offensive end, and are a serious duo in the 4A conference. With Grace averaging over 18 points per game and Linda averaging over 14, they combine for more than half of the team’s points. Watching them play on the court together, they never fail to show their chemistry together and great discipline. To add to their success, our girls had a season opener against West Point High School and pulled off an astonishing 64-27 win according to AzPreps365. In this game, Grace Hall dropped 22 points and Linda Ruelas complimented that performance with 19 points combining for an outstanding 41 points. Girls JV coach and Varsity assistant Coach Knowles said this about these young stars. “I couldn’t be more proud of these girls. They never fail to make me smile and I hope they continue to perform like they did tonight.” A coach proud of her players is what everyone loves to see.

Furthermore, as the season continues, we hope our girls destroy their competition. Starting the season off strong is what this team wanted and they will continue to succeed no matter what stands in their way.