Girls Soccer Starting The Season Off Strong

Girls’ soccer season has now kicked off with an amazing start with a 2-1 record, and a 7-0 win on the home opener against Cortez High School. Coach Lozzo stated this. “This team has a lot of young talent and I expect big things this season from this great group of young women.” With an amazing start to the season, one player who is having yet another amazing season is the senior captain Sandra Lakic. Also, Sandra has dominated the competition on the varsity level since her freshman year in high school for Thunderbird. 

Furthermore, Sandra Lakic is on pace this season to break the school record for most goals scored in a high school career currently held by Lexi Aguilar scoring 101 goals in her high school career. Sandra Lakic stated this in an interview. “Breaking the school record would be a blessing beyond words can explain, but I want to win with my team and win state as a team. I am only one player on a team of successful and amazing young women.”

Furthermore, on the defensive side of things freshman goalie Emmy Kuntz has shown her talent by having 49  saves and was a huge role in the shut-out home opener against Cortez. Emmy stated, “I have a job to make sure that ball does not go in the goal, and by all means, I will try and prevent that from happening to the best of my ability.” A player that every coach needs on their team. 

With the season rolling out, as a school we are proud of how our girls started their season and made a statement to the 4A conference.