The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Thunderbird’s Rendition of SpongeBob The Musical was Brilliant

Photo credit: THS Yearbook

The SpongeBob Musical was a tremendous success! It definitely soared above all my expectations. First, the set design was phenomenal, the entirety of the set was used to tell the spectacular SpongeBob story. The set‘s unique simplicity mixed with its vibrant colors and how the actors utilized it made it perfect for this musical. 

Next, costumes, the costumes got me really immersed in the SpongeBob world. I felt like the actors were the real SpongeBob characters. The folks behind the tech were also very important, the performance wouldn’t be nearly as good without the lighting changes or the spotlights. 

And last but most definitely not least, were the actors. There were so many brilliant actors in this musical that made it truly special. The singing was beautiful; it was inspirational how well everyone sang. 

Before I saw this, I thought I disliked musicals, but I now know better. When larger groups of cast members went onto the stage to sing a song or show up as civilians, every single person, in every single performance (I went to all three) performed their very best. 

Special thanks to our Seniors this year, ending their high school theater career with an outstanding performance and one I will never forget. And thanks to costumes, tech, crew, and cast for the perfect costumes, lighting, set design, and singing and acting to the perfect play.