Thunderbird Track: They Can Go The Distance

curduosy of THS yearbook Currently our Thunderbird Track team is soaring above all odds, winning meet after meet and receiving first place in multiple areas. Currently, the track team has qualified for the Glendale Union District Championship, with the meet on Wednesday, April 19, 2023.

Sasha A. Murray, Editor

curduosy of THS yearbook                             
Our featured athletes within this brief are Sophomore Bradley Holland and Senior Reagan Michealson.

curdusy of THS Track team                                                                              Bradley Holland is a sophomore athlete who focuses on hurdles and is a member of a 4-by-4 relay team. He “loves the challenges provided by track” and is motivated to qualify for state. These “challenges” consist of the mental and physical hurdles in track, because, despite the fact that this is a high school sport; it is also a very individualized activity.

curduosy of Reagan Michealson                                                                      Reagan Michealson is an experienced senior thrower who had participated in track all four years of high school. The thrower athletes focus on discus and shot put which are two events within track that involve throwing a disc or a weighted ball. Michealson is heavily motivated by her teammates who “push her to improve”. Track overall, holds a much deeper connection for Reagan because it improved her mental health, reduced her feeling of isolation, and motivates her to continuously persevere in all aspects of her life.

curduosy of THS YearbookOverall, track is a great sport and the Thunderbird track team rocks so you should come to their next meet on Friday, April 21, 2023 @ Independence High School.
courtesy of THS Yearbook
Overall, track is a great sport and the Thunderbird track team rocks so you should come to their next meet on Friday, April 21, 2023 @ Independence High School.