Undefeated: The Story of the Thunderbird Girls Golf Team

This year the Thunderbird Girls Golf Team showcased the best of Thunderbird´s athletic abilities after being undefeated for 8 straight matches. 

Even though golf is often overlooked because it is not as popular as football, it is still a fun game of skill that takes hard work and determination. The girls on the THS Golf team have put in the time and effort and it has clearly paid off. Coach Flores, who is also a Spanish teacher at Thunderbird, has seen how the girls have progressed since he has been involved with the golf team since 2021. When asked about how the team has improved, he reveals that he has seen “tremendous improvement compared to the beginning of the season. The girls have gotten to know each other more and have put in a lot of time and effort to be prepared for each match.” It is obvious that Mr. Flores is proud of all of the girls and their determination to become better and work as a team.

The girls on the team have also gotten to know each other very well over the years since many of them have been on the team since freshman year. A current sophomore on the team states that she has ¨definitely felt the bond between each of the players strengthen throughout the season and it’s a nice feeling knowing that you have a group of girls who support you no matter what. Each girl encourages me to become better but also have fun doing it¨ It is clear that the players have been able to support each other through this amazing experience. 

The Thunderbird Girls Golf Team has been extremely successful this season and has represented Thunderbird in the best way possible. Coach Flores is extremely proud of the girls’ effort and attitude on and off the course.