The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Previewing Nintendo’s Upcoming Mario Game, Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Super Mario Wonder Game. Photo Credit: Nintendo.

Nintendo excites Mario fans’ anticipation for content with sneak peaks of their newest game in the Mario series: Super Mario Bros. Wonder. Super Mario Bros. Wonder is set to release on October 20, 2023. The high anticipation of the game derives from what Nintendo has shown off in its recent Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct and official trailer. 

Typically, Mario games in the 2-D platformer genre generally follow the same story line in that Mario and friends must rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s imprisonment. In this newest installment, however, the plot deviates by instead focusing on helping Prince Florian take back the Flower Kingdom from Bowser. 

The game also integrates three entirely different power ups new to the series including the elephant fruit, bubble flower, and drill mushroom. Each of these power ups are sure to change up the way the player approaches a level, providing a new and refreshing experience.

In addition to a new story line and power ups, the game has a character roster of eight different playable characters, the highest count seen in the 2-D Mario series thus far. Characters previously unplayable before are now included in this new roster, including Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, and different colored Yoshi. 

With this abundance of new content in mind, fans await the release of the game, excited to delve into a brand new adventure that is sure to consume many hours of their day.