Game Club Marathon Holds Fundraiser for PCH

Mr. Sellazo
Thunderbird High School Game Club Members.

Have you ever been itching to cure a day of boredom with games? Looking to show off those sweaty moves in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Game Club’s marathon is sure to satisfy your taste.

Game Club holds marathons annually in order to raise money for Phoenix Children’s Hospital, charging $5 for entry. 

At these marathons, anyone is free to indulge in the games already out and ready to play. Whether someone is a Wii gamer, or a retro console entrepreneur, there is something for everyone. Additionally up for grabs are the card and board games usually present during typical Game Club meetings.

Photo Credit: Mr. Sellazo

However, the real highlight of these marathons are the tournaments held. It is not uncommon to see students crowd up at the designated TV for a tournament to watch as players face off against each other competitively. 

In addition to the adrenaline rush from watching the ongoing tournaments, the marathon provides a perfect opportunity to make new friends and connect with others through shared interest in games or certain topics. 

If any of this interests you or a friend, then you will be excited to hear that Game Club will hold its next marathon in March. So mark your calendars and make sure to practice for future tournaments.