The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

2023 Wonka Movie Review

Courtesy of IMDb

The new Wonka movie released in 2023 was given a rating of 4.0 stars. It was given great remarks by the viewers. 

Wonka was released on December 15, 2023. In this version of Wonka, Timothee Chalamet played Wonka and the film’s other character, Noodle, is played by Calah Lane. Wonka and Noodle become friends and partners in adventure after meeting each other in an inn they both got trapped in.

The script illustrates the quote Noodle told Wonka in the movie, “The greedy beat the needy every time.” from its opening musical sequence, which shows Wonks spending 12 “sovereigns” on legally mandatory expenses like a fine for daydreaming in the beginning of the movie. 

2023 Wonka takes place 25 years before the events of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. The story adds a lot of context to the famous character’s earlier years, as well as showing parts of his journey that have never been mentioned.

“Everyone in my entire family left the theater saying how much they loved it! Whatever formula that was used for this movie, please keep doing it! Warner Brothers outdid themselves on this one.” One reviewer stated.

“I loved the story, the energy, the laughs, and best of all, a killer performance from Timothee Chalamet, I thought he was fabulous!” Another reviewer stated.

A reviewer said, “I really admire how it has been linked in many ways to the original, respectfully and tastefully. It goes without saying the cast is brilliant. Watch it. It’s lovely.”