The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Jump into your summer with fun

Jump into your summer with fun
Adobe Stock

Here are ideas on how to use your time wisely over the summer. Summer is just the time to have fun, rest, reset, and spend your time wisely. 

One thing you can do over the summer that is worth your time is volunteering. 

Yvc.org claims.“Summertime is an ideal season for youth to get involved and make a difference in their communities by volunteering. Volunteering can boost a student’s resume and college applications while also helping them to gain invaluable skills and experiences.” This is such a good thing to do when you’re not working or busy having fun. 

One pastime is known for its screen-less fun playing laser tag.“Nowadays, everyone is busy sitting in front of a screen all day. It can have negative consequences, affecting eyesight, among other dangers. Laser tag is like a video game experience in the real world; kids and adults alike can get to be the player and maneuver through the game on their own.” 

Due to the heat in Arizona, the next activity is quite prevalent here swimming. Even if you don’t have a pool there are so many public pools in Arizona.  “If you’re looking for some water splashing action but without the cost of an expensive water park, you might want to try out a public pool. These days, public pools aren’t just a spot to swim a few laps. Many these days have slides, sprinklers, and other fun additions to make a trip to the pool a real experience.” Swimming is the perfect activity for friends and a refreshing time. There are lots of fun and relaxing things to do with friends and family this summer.