Deadpool 3: Coming Soon

Photo creds: AMC website
Photo creds: AMC website

Deadpool 3 is coming to theaters on July 26, 2024. It has been about six years since the last Deadpool movie: let’s take a stroll down memory lane to recap the previous movies so you are prepared for the third installment in the franchise!

Deadpool 1 released on February 12, 2016. In this movie, Wade is diagnosed with cancer, with the support of his girlfriend, Vanessa Carlysle, he didn’t think the worst of it until a gunfight happened at their apartment. Vanessa was shot and later died, or so we are led to think. He was confronted by an evil scientist named Ajax, who told Wade he had the cure for his cancer by running some tests on him. In reality he disfigured Wade’s face and gave him the ability of regeneration. Wade was told that Vanessa was in danger. With his face disfigured, he is too scared to face her, leaving Ajax enough time to kidnap her. While trying to figure out how to talk to Vanessa, he gets introduced into the X-Men and becomes allies with Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. With his new allies he starts to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life alongside Vanessa.  After taking a cab to the scrapyard, Wade engages into combat with Ajax himself. Shortly after, Wade meets Vanessa once again, revealing his face, Vanessa responds with “It’s just a face.” ending the movie with a kiss.

Deadpool 2 came out Summer 2018. Wade is going home to Vanessa for their one year anniversary, along with a gift of a token for her. They are attacked by drug lords leading to Vanessa dying. Wade tries to see her by placing bombs. When he did, she told Wade, “They need you.”. During a scene, Cable shows up, a cybernetic mutant and time traveler, to kill the person that murdered his family. With Wade, he agrees to join the X-men to help Russel Collins. Cable has made a weapon, with advanced eye scanning and holographic, leading to Wade forming a team. Russel manages to escape and try to kill the headmaster of an orphanage. Cable and Wade team up, arriving at the orphanage. While stopping Russel, Wade puts on a collar that stops power, causing him to briskly die due to him having cancer. Cable takes a shot at Russel, Wade jumps in front of it, shot in the heart. Russel loses his desire for revenge and Cable was able to save his family. With Wade’s death, he is reunited with Vanessa, once again she says it’s not his time yet. Thankfully, Cable traveled back in time to save Wade by placing the gift that was Vanessa’s in front of the bullet to stop it.

In the trailer for the new movie, there are familiar faces, Ryan Renolds and Briana Hildbrand. As well as some new ones, Hugh Jackman and Owen Wilson! It is told that Deadpool will be working with Wolverine trying to stop an organization.  Asking some students around campus about how they feel about the new upcoming movie, Caleb Scott, freshmen, stated that he is excited to see Wolverine work with Deadpool and as well as seeing Deadpool back in action. 

View Comments (1)