Eras Tour in Theaters has Fans Captivated

Picture Courtesy of The Belcourt

The Taylor Swift Eras Tour was one of the biggest musical events in 2023 with 146 shows and over 2.4 million tickets sold. 

Continuing to garner massive attention, the movie hit theaters on October 13, 2023, and was a huge hit for fans. The movie takes viewers through Taylor’s journey in her music career. Her concert and the movie walk fans through her ten eras and albums, those being Lover, Fearless, Evermore, Reputation, Red, and more. The concerts were around three and a half hours long and featured songs from all of her albums. Throughout the show she interacted with the crowd and put on a great performance. 

“The biggest part of this tour being in theaters is just how many more people get to experience the show.” says Alex Weston, a senior at Thunderbird. For the fans who couldn’t make it or even afford the concert, they can go to their local theater and watch the film version of her tour. People who went to watch the movie got to interact with other fans by sharing friendship bracelets, singing and dancing along to the film, and just overall connecting and bonding over her music. 

For many, Taylor Swift’s music has always been a big part of their life, from a young age to their teenage years her music has helped them through many situations. That only continued to happen when she started making music to match who she was becoming. In growing with her songs she opened up her music to many different people who could build a connection to it. 

It is clear that Taylor Swift is as popular as ever and has made a huge impact on many people’s lives. Her fanbase only seems to grow and fans hope she continues to find and express herself through her music.