High Paying Employment Opportunities for Students

(in-n-out.com) In-N-Out goes above and beyond to care for employees. They do this through high paying wages, flexible schedules, and training new employees. Flexible schedules are important for students who have school during the day. Additionally, employees need a food handlers card which will benefit them for the future. This makes In-N-Out the perfect place for beginner employees to get experience.

Students at Thunderbird High School are attentively searching for possible job opportunities. Students trying to get their first job tend to be in need of money. Fast food jobs are arguably the best job for teens who have school during the day. While looking for a job, the most important thing to consider is the pay. 

In Arizona, minimum wage is $13.85 per hour. Fast food restaurant In-N-Out starts off new employees with above average wages. As indeed.com states, “Average In-N-Out Burger Associate hourly pay in Arizona is approximately $17.94, which is 23% above the national average.” This quote gives insight on just how much In-N-Out pays. $17.94 is over $4 more than minimum wage which makes a huge difference over time. 

McDonald’s is the most popular fast food restaurant, yet it pays below minimum wage. As businessinsider.com states, “A wage of $10 per hour works out to a salary of $20,000 a year for someone working typical 40-hour workweeks.” Ten dollars an hour is inadequate pay for students who have school that takes up almost 40 hours out of an average week. This means that McDonald’s is an unreliable job for students who have school during the day. 

Chipotle is an ever growing and fast paced restaurant with above average pay. Website newsroom.chipotle.com states, “Chipotle Mexican Grill today announced it is increasing restaurant wages resulting in a $15 average hourly wage by the end of June.” Fifteen dollars an hour is over a buck more than minimum wage. 

Students at Thunderbird High School need their first job in order to receive money and experience. Money and experience are important to plan for the future and gain reliability. Working in fast food ensures that all employees receive a food handlers card which will be used in future jobs.