The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer Breaks Youtube’s Views Record

GTA 6 Cover. 
Photo Credit: GamesRadar
GTA 6 Cover. Photo Credit: GamesRadar

After ten years of patiently waiting, the new GTA 6 trailer is here, bringing excitement that fans have been missing since Grand Theft Auto V released in 2013. The debut trailer broke  records with over 93 million views on Youtube within the first 24 hours of being released. This achievement solidifies Grand Theft Auto’s position as one of the most highly anticipated games of the year. 

Despite a leak that resulted in a premature release, the GTA 6 trailer was a success. Rockstar Games, the developer behind the franchise, had to adjust their release plans after the leak. However, that did not dampen the enthusiasm of fans, who eagerly consumed the trailer and expressed their excitement on social media. According to Guinness World Records, the GTA 6 trailer has officially been recognized for its outstanding achievement. Not only did the trailer break records with views, it also holds the record for most-liked video game trailer on Youtube with 10 million likes as of December 13. 

The Grand Theft Auto franchise has always been a game changer in the gaming industry, with the game’s immersive storytelling causing it to be so popular.  The success of the trailer’s record breaking performance has drawn attention not only from fans but also from other game developers. 

The trailer also mentioned that the game will be set in Vice City, a Miami inspired location known for its vibrant nightlife and landmarks. While the trailer generated immense buzz and anticipation, fans will have to wait until 2025 for the game’s release according to Rockstar Games’s website. This delay may come as a disappointment to some, as earlier expectations pointed to a 2024 holiday season launch, However, industry analysis still predicts that the game will make a splash when it finally hits the shelves in the early months of 2025. Until then, fans will eagerly count down the days until the game’s release.