The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

New Fortnite Season: Myths & Mortals

New Fortnite loading screen. Credit: Epic Games

The gods and goddesses of Olympus have just made their way to Fortnite. This new season sets a big standard. Future seasons will have to compete with the huge upgrade as well as the major collaboration. On March 8th, 2024, Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2 was released to the public. This season’s main theme is Greek Mythology. Myths & Mortals is officially here. 

The first upgrade this season is the skins. Individuals such as Poseidon, Hades, Zeus, and many more have been added to the roster. Another major update is the brand-new locations. Beware of the new and improved battlegrounds! Landscapes such as Mount Olympus, Grim Gate, The Underworld, and Brawler’s Battleground are new editions to the map. However, Astonishing landscapes aren’t the only thing the gods have to offer.

Watch out for new weapons like the Thunderbolt of Zeus. This gives you the power to launch lightning bolts at opponents, just like the god himself. In addition, you can attain the power of flight with the Wings of Icarus! There’s not much to it…glide in the air for too long and the wings begin to burn. The wings can be found anywhere on the map.

This new season is impressive. It brings a ton of entertainment and is worth a play. The Greek mythology collaboration is genius; hopefully, future seasons will be just as fun. The gods of Olympus are waiting!