Mattel Adventure Park in Glendale To Open in 2024

Mattel Adventure Park Model. Photo Courtesy of Mattel.

Coming in 2024, Mattel is building its first ever roller coaster theme park in Arizona: Mattel Adventure Park. The state lacks roller coaster parks and Castles n’ Coasters bores everyone because it has become so familiar.

Theme parks have always resonated with people, like Disneyland or Orlando Studios, in a way that a theme like Mattel toys could be just as nostalgia-gripping. Anyone can enjoy the Mattel Adventure Park, from child to adult. A child could find happiness in seeing their toys on a big roller coaster, or an adult can find comfort seeing their old Barbie in her real life Barbie dreamhouse. 

Mattel’s year-round park offers inside roller coasters alongside outside roller coasters. The rides inside have air conditioning, allowing guests to stay comfortable.

Additional activities include two Hot Wheels roller coasters, a life-sized Barbie Dream House with a closet experience, a Masters of The Universe laser tag arena, an Uno rock climbing wall, and a bunch of other creative experiences based on Mattel’s creations. 

Glendale is the first to home one of many-to-come Mattel Adventure Parks, which are planned to be spread across the country.  “We are delighted for Glendale to be the flagship location for this resort that will bring technology and globally established partners to create a one-of-a-kind environment,” said Kevin Phelps, City Manager. 

The release of the Barbie movie helped to create hype for the park, but ultimately the whole theme itself made everyone excited. “I feel like because of how inclusive the movie was that the theme park would be a great addition.” said Amaya Smith, freshman. The people of Arizona wanted a new roller coaster park, and Mattel simply went above and beyond.