The Kansas City Parade: 21 wounded, 1 dead

Photo credits to Joe Pompliano on X
Photo credits to Joe Pompliano on X

On February 14,  2024, people who attended the Kansas City Super Bowl Parade now face a devastating tragedy.

Around 2 p.m, at the Kansas City Parade, shots began to fire at people, leaving twenty-one people to be injured, and one dead. 

Medical Responders at Children’s Mercy Hospital said 11 children, ranging from six to fifteen year olds, were being treated. Nine out of eleven children had a gunshot wound, from the parade. 

Chief Ross Grundyson, from the Kansas City Fire Department said that 15 people had life-threatening issues and only six people had minor injuries. 

Lisa Lopez-Galvan was shot and unfortunately is now deceased. Lisa was a mother of two, and was also the host of Taste of Tejano. Many people knew Lisa as a wonderful and beautiful person, who was full of life. 

A tweet that was posted on February 15, 2024,  Manuel Abarca IV, a District Legislator in Jackson County, Missouri, states “I will not let her death go in vain. I will legislate, I will fight and I WILL do everything in my power to change this State and City for the better.”

Before attending the Munich Security Conference, and making it clear that America stands with our allies and partners, including NATO and Ukraine,  Kamala Harris, Vice President of the United States, made a tweet about how tragedy struck the people who were at the Kansas City Super Bowl Parade. 

Posted on X, February 15, 2024, Kamala Harris says “Yesterday was supposed to be a day of celebration for a community to come together and feel a sense of joy. And yet, it was another day when America experienced senseless gun violence. Congress must have the courage to act with reasonable gun safety laws.”