Celebrating Ms. Gill During Teacher Appreciation Week

Sasha A. Murray, Editor

Dear Ms. Gill, 

My name is Sasha A. Murray and I just wanted to say thank you for all that you do at Thunderbird High School. You are such a fabulous Biology teacher and Track coach. Through your positive aura and calming demeanor, you inspire students to excel in and out of the classroom.

This, along with many other reasons is why I am proud to say that you are one of my favorite teachers to have had during my time at Thunderbird High School. As a sophomore, though online, your class was fun and rigorous, allowing students to become creative through presentations while learning about the structure, purpose, and importance of Biology. Adjusting to online learning was tough, but that did not stop you. Through easily understandable notes, rigorous tests, and fun projects, students were challenged to not only excel in the class through testing but were able to express artistic capability through the projects as well. 

This was my favorite part; the rigorous projects we would do. Though some were a bit wacky, all tied to biology and further my development in the class. Because of this, I, now in my senior year, became a peer tutor for your class. Within the classroom you address every student with kindness, brightening everyone’s day with your poise and positivity. You are a role model to the students and me as well. 

Thank you for all that you do,

Sasha A. Murray 

Class of 2023

Thunderbird High School