The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

What To Know About The “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” Movie

What To Know About The Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Movie
Filmstarts

Through the use of separate plotlines that were joined satisfyingly by the conclusion of the film, Legendary Pictures, and Warner Bros. did a great job with “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire ”.  I think the way they combined these two stories later in the movie is what really keeps spectators on their toes. The creators built dramatic scenes from the beginning of the movie to help create an understanding of the end.

Prospective viewers should be aware of a few important plot points from the previous movies of the two titans. Kong and Godzilla have both made a pact to leave each other alone, but Titan research group Monarch wants to make sure there is no change with that deal between them. It was once assumed that Kong was the only Titian that was an ape. But in the previous film “Godzilla vs. Kong”, Kong found his home in Hollow Earth, where there was evidence that other titan Kongs had existed. By the film’s conclusion, Godzilla stayed underwater on Earth to protect it from other titans. The two go about their own lives but in “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” [SPOILER from trailers] They come together to fight off something bigger than them. 

The movie does a great job of balancing the screen time for both Kong and Godzilla. The movie starts off right away by showing us Kong’s living situation. I think some of the talking scenes between humans were not very interesting to watch but the film is paced well by getting right back to captivating fight scenes. The movie was extremely worth seeing and definitely worth the time to see in theaters.