What factors have evolved peer pressure?

Peer pressure in schools and in the outside world has greatly evolved from making fun of other people’s haircuts to starting fights over looking at someone the wrong way.  The main reasons this has become so big is because of social media, and needing to fit in to have friends. Kidshealth.org claims, “People may feel pressure to conform so they fit in or are accepted, or so they don’t feel awkward or uncomfortable. When people are unsure of what to do in a social situation, they naturally look to others for cues about what is and isn’t acceptable.” When you’re at an insecure age like adolescence, and don’t know what to do with yourself you fall into what everyone else is doing. Another point to social media  qustodio.com claims,Anyone who uses social media apps feels a certain amount of pressure to conform to the ways others look and act, to have the things they see others having, and to behave in similar ways.” however even when adults experience peer pressure it’s different than with kids. “Unlike adults, however, kids haven’t yet reached a level of maturity and brain development where they can clearly recognize these influences and think more objectively about them.”From qustodio.com. Peer pressure online and in schools has evolved.  We need to evolve further to keep kids safe.