The Student News Site of Thunderbird High School

The Challenge

The Challenge

The Challenge

Picture of people’s conditions during the war in Gaza
The War in Gaza
April 22, 2024

How To Have A Paw-some Christmas With Your Pet

+Photographed+by+Yegor+Terentev%2FGetty+Images
Photographed by Yegor Terentev/Getty Images

Christmas is a time for gift-giving, seeing loved ones, and showing appreciation for the ones who have always been there. Especially the furry friends that love us unconditionally. 

All dogs, big and small, deserve to receive a gift to show how much their family cares about them. It’s important to keep in mind that dogs have their likes and dislikes too. Treats, toys, and even a cozy dog bed will do the job.

Starting with a very unique gift: a treat maker. This amusing gift acts as a waffle maker for dogs and even comes with recipes. It costs around $28-$30 and can be found here. If your dog is the active type, then frisbees and chew toys are the perfect gift. It keeps the dog and the owner active and one of great quality should be able to withstand scratching and biting. The cost of these presents can range from $5-$15 and are found here or at your local store. 

Some dogs are more sophisticated than others, and that’s okay. Next, For the more minimalistic dogs, a simple bandana or a fancy collar will make their tails wag. These gifts can be on the more expensive side, but it doesn’t stop dogs from celebrating Christmas in style. They can cost anywhere from $10 to as much as 50$ and are found here. We like them. Another fun idea is purchasing custom-made gifts. Dog owners love their pets so much that they put them on stamps, pillows, jewelry, shirts, and everything else. Custom-made presents are more for the owner than the dog, but they still make a thoughtful gift. 

Every dog is a special addition to each family, and they deserve to know just how special they are. They deserve to get into the Christmas spirit just as much as we do. Just imagine seeing their tails wag of joy on Christmas day when they see their present being held in front of their eyes. Let’s help them all have a Pawsome Christmas.